Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions apply to courses, events, classes, workshops and merchandise supplied by JWAAD Belly Dance Training Limited and Josephine Wise to include all JWAAD Training courses, Fantasia Festival, JWAAD Summer School and Shimmy and Shop.
In these Terms and Conditions the ‘Organiser’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’, or ‘We’ means JWAAD Belly Dance Training Limited, Josephine Wise, Fantasia Festival, JWAAD Summer School and Shimmy and Shop. The ‘Event’ shall mean the course, event, class or workshop. The ‘Participant’, ‘You’, or ‘Your’ refers to all participants at the event, workshop, class or course. The ‘Teacher’ refers to the Teacher of any course, workshop or class at the event.
Data Protection Act 1998
JWAAD Belly Dance Training Limited and Josephine Wise act in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and the General Data Protection Rules 2018. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under Registration Reference: ZA237406. The Data Controller is Josephine Wise.
Please note: For bookings for the JWAAD Summer School residential course We need to retain Your contact information until after each Summer School has ended in case We need to contact You about Your booking.
All logos, images and trademarks mentioned herein belong to their respective owners. All pages on this website are the property of JWAAD Belly Dance Training Limited and Josephine Wise. You may not otherwise copy or transmit the contents of this website either electronically or in hard copies. You may not alter the content of this website in any manner. If You are interested in using the contents of this website in any manner except as described elsewhere in this document, please contact webmaster, for information on licensing.
JWAAD Belly Dance Training Limited and Josephine Wise make every effort to ensure that information contained in these pages is accurate and up to date. However, no liability is accepted arising from reliance upon the information contained in these pages or any other information accessed via these webpages.
Online Payments via Paypal and Credit or Debit Card
When Your order is placed You will be securely connected via our website to Paypal. You can then choose whether to pay using Your Paypal account or by credit or debit card. When payment is authorised Your payment information is sent to us by Paypal. We do not have access to Your card details. All credit or debit card details are encrypted with Secure SSL technology for Your security.
When You pay by bank transfer We do not receive any information about Your bank information or contact details. When You pay by cheque We deposit Your cheque directly into our bank account. We do not retain any information about Your bank account.
These courses are run by JWAAD Belly Dance Training Limited and accredited by One Awards.
All our courses are privately run and have to cover costs. 4 – 6 weeks before the start date of a course We assess whether they are viable or not. We will contact all Participants to let You know. If the course is being rescheduled We will give You the option of transferring to new dates – or receiving a full refund. If the course is going ahead, We will ask You for the next instalment. We advise waiting until Your course is confirmed before booking travel / accommodation.
- A £50 non-refundable deposit is Your first instalment and books Your place on the course. This payment is non-refundable unless We reschedule or cancel a course, at which point the deposit would be refunded or transferred.
- Second instalment – due 4 – 6 weeks before the start date – check Your confirmation letter. Once this is paid it is non-refundable as the decision to run the course is based on confirmed participants.
- Once the course has commenced, no refunds are available. Courses run with small numbers and are costed as such. If people opt out part way through, this could make the course unviable so We are unable to give refunds.
- Third Instalment – due at the first weekend – check Your confirmation letter. This is non-refundable as the decision to run the course has been taken based on confirmed participants.
- If there is a third weekend of the course, payment for the third weekend is payable at the second weekend of the course.
- If You wish to be registered with One Awards to receive an accredited certificate this payment will be due at the first weekend of the course.
Cancellation By You
- Up to 4 weeks before commencement of the course we will refund your payment, minus £50 for administration fees.
- Less than 4 weeks before commencement of the course, we operate a ‘no refunds’ policy.
- In some cases it may be possible to transfer to a later course. This would incur a transfer fee of £50.
Cancellation by Us
- We can only run these Training Courses if enough students enrol to make the course viable. We reserve the right to cancel the course. If We have to cancel the course You will receive a full refund.
- We will advise You of the cancellation of the course not less than 4 weeks before the start date of the first weekend.
- If We have to cancel subsequent weekends of the course We will advise You at the first weekend. You will not have to pay for subsequent weekends at this stage. In this case:
- You will have the option to complete subsequent weekends of the course at a later date.
- You will have the option to pay for subsequent weekends of the course immediately, or pay when it is decided when the course will run.
PLEASE NOTE: So far We have always run subsequent weekends of each course, and have never had to cancel them.
This Event is run by JWAAD Belly Dance Training Limited.
Cancellation by You
Under the UK Distance Selling Regulations You have a right to cancel any contract to purchase made over the Internet within 14 days of the purchase. Please email a copy of Your confirmation, along with Your name, address, telephone number and email address to email@example.com within 14 days of purchase and Your booking will be cancelled.
After the above 14-day period We operate a ‘no refunds’ policy. As We are a small organisation We are not able to commit the administrative time and costs related to cancelled tickets or goods.
You may sell Your tickets to another person and they can go to the taster sessions You have booked. You must give them your confirmation letter as proof to allow them into the Event.
Cancellation by Us
We reserve the right to cancel workshops and taster sessions if they become unviable. In this case We will contact You and offer You alternative workshop choices. If You choose not to attend an alternative workshop, We will refund the price of the cancelled workshop in full.
We reserve the right to change teachers / taster sessions.
We reserve the right to cancel the festival up to 14 days before the commencement of the festival if it becomes unviable. In this case We will contact You and offer You a full refund.
JWAAD Summer School
This Event is run by Josephine Wise.
Cancellation by You
Under the UK Distant Selling Regulations You have a right to cancel any contract to purchase made over the Internet within 14 days of the purchase. Please email a copy of Your confirmation, along with Your name, address, telephone number and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of purchase and Your booking will be cancelled. Thereafter the following Cancellation Policy applies:
|£100 of Your deposit is non-refundable|
|Over 16 weeks before Summer School begins:||Full refund minus £100 of Your deposit|
|8-16 weeks before Summer School begins:||50% refund minus £100 of Your deposit|
|Less than 8 weeks before Summer School begins:||No refunds can be paid|
Cancellation by Us
We reserve the right to change/cancel the course up to 14 days before the commencement of the course if it becomes unviable. In this case We will offer You a full refund.
We recommend that You take out holiday insurance for this course. Insurance can be as little as £10 from Your high street bank or online, or may be included in Your annual holiday insurance if You have one. Please check to make sure.
Bookings for All Events Listed Above
- Medical Conditions – It is Your responsibility to inform the teacher of any course, workshop or class of any condition, medical or otherwise, that may affect Your ability to participate fully in the course, workshop or class. We cannot accept responsibility for Your condition but We do need to be aware of it. It is Your responsibility to make sure You are fit and well enough to participate in the course, workshop or class. Please consult Your medical practitioner if necessary before You book.
- Bookings entitle the holder to attend the Event listed and allow entry for the days/times stated. All ticket holders wishing to attend again on a subsequent day/time will be required to purchase additional ticket(s) and pay the standard admission fee.
- The Organiser reserves the right to alter or vary the content and timing of the event due to circumstances beyond their control. In this case the Organiser will contact You to arrange refund or exchange of tickets.
- The Organiser reserves the right to refuse admission or to eject any person behaving dangerously or inappropriately, or for any other behaviour likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance and annoyance or for failure to comply with the reasonable request of the Organiser. No refunds would be available.
- Neither the Organiser nor the venue operator will be responsible for any loss, damage, death or injury howsoever caused unless (i) the relevant party has breached its legal obligations; and (ii) such loss or damage is a direct and reasonably foreseeable result of the breach. For the avoidance of doubt, the Organiser will not be responsible for the actions of any third party, including but not limited to, the Teachers.
- The Organiser will not be responsible for damage/loss of personal property brought to the venue. In the case of loss of property, please contact the Organiser to check if it has been handed in.
- As filming and recording may be carried out during shows, the ticket holder consents to being included in such films and recordings and the use, reproduction, storage, distribution and broadcasting of such films and recordings without payment.
- If the Organiser wishes to film or record during a workshop/class, the Organiser undertakes to ask the teacher and students if they are happy with this. The ticket holder may stay out of the recording if they wish.
- We reserve the right to use photographs on Our websites and Social Media for publicity purposes. We will endeavour to choose photographs that are unlikely to cause embarrassment to Participants.
- It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to check all tickets upon receipt, as mistakes cannot be rectified at a later date.
- It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
- The sale of articles or distribution of leaflets anywhere in the venue is strictly prohibited except with the pre-arranged permission of the Organiser.
- Please note that all participants taking part in any dance classes/workshops do so at their own risk. It is the individual participant’s responsibility to warm-up correctly, wear appropriate footwear, dress suitably and inform the class Teacher of any relevant health issues or injuries before the class/workshop commences.
- The Organiser reserves the right to alter or vary the content, timing or Teacher of any class due to circumstances beyond their control.
- Tickets may not be purchased for children under the age of 18 without seeking the permission of the Organiser.
- The use of cameras and recording equipment for commercial use is prohibited.
- The use of cameras and recording equipment for personal use during the shows is prohibited.
- The use of cameras and recording equipment for personal use within classes/workshops must have permission of the Teacher of the class/workshop.
- The relevant United Kingdom law will apply to these Terms and Conditions and the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to the Terms and Conditions.