Information for Performers about the Open Stage
Want to perform on our Open Stage?
Fantasia is a celebration of Belly Dance in London.
We welcome all performers – whatever style you are dancing.
This is a great event to showcase your work to an appreciative audience ….. and enjoy the experience!
OVER FOR ANOTHER YEAR. THANK YOU TO ALL OUR PERFORMERS IN 2019 – YOU WERE AMAZING!
HOPE YOU CAN JOIN US IN 2020. BOOKINGS WILL OPEN AFTER EASTER 2020.
- How to book a slot on our Open Stage:
- You must have purchased a Fantasia Dancers Day Ticket to book a performance slots on our Open Stage (Or a Superstar Intensive package with Oxana)
- Once you have booked your FDDT email: email@example.com
- If you know what workshops/taster sessions you are doing, let us know and we will try and work round that. Obviously the sooner you book the more chance of getting your perfect slot.
- We try to have a balance of solo and group performances so will reserve some slots to get that balance.
- Music needs to be under 4minutes 30 seconds
- I will need your music by 31st October 2019
- Music format: MP3 or M4a – do not send a link to google or spotify. We need the actual track. You need to either download and send to us by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post a CD with your track on it to: 26 Kayll Rd, Sunderland, SR4 7TW.
- If you know you will be using props, please let us know.
- The stage will be 6 metres wide by 4 metres deep with a Fantasia backdrop. There will not be a dance floor in front of the stage.
- The Open Stage runs from 10.50 to 17.30 with breaks. Please check the running order on arrival in case we have had to make any changes.
- There is a room to change in available all day – please have consideration for other performers using the space. This is not adjacent to the stage so you may want to cover your costume on the way through to the stage. Anything left in the room is at your own risk.
- We have asked for one set of ‘wings’ to be created on either side of the stage.
- ON THE DAY – when you arrive, please let reception know you are a performer. They will let you know where the changing room is, who is the stage manager etc.
- Please be ready and report to the Stage Manager 10 minutes before your performance slot.
- PHOTOGRAPHS / VIDEO – We have a professional photographer, Maani, taking photographs this year. And of course a videographer. You can order your photographs and video on the day.
Don’t forget to join our Fantasia Community on facebook