This course is aimed at people who are already teaching or are considering teaching and want to ensure that they are doing so safely. It is a fascinating and in depth course designed with a combination of academic and practical application. The Safe Delivery course gives you the safety elements of teaching and a taster of what the JWAAD Teaching Diploma will be like. The Safe Delivery course does not qualify you as a JWAAD teacher. A great combination of academic work, practical application and dance classes. This is the only accredited bellydance course of its kind in the UK.
You must successfully complete all parts of the course with assessment if you need to achieve the certificate either for MADN insurance or to register for the JWAAD Teaching Diploma. Teach safely, dance safely, be safe!
What is included?
• Anatomy – a fascinating practical look at the body in relation to dance.
• Safe warm ups – to ensure you don’t injure anyone unintentionally.
• Health & Safety – practical advice and strategies to avoid incidents with your students.
• Safe stretches and cool downs
• Lesson planning – learn how to write your own exciting & dynamic lesson plans.
• The Business of Belly Dance – Ideas for setting up, marketing and ongoing management of your business.
• Dance classes in technique and breaking down moves
• Three assignments
• Personal Technique Review – to assess the level of your technique, celebrate your strengths and identify areas to work on.
• Practical warm up assessment
Not only do you have incredibly experienced and knowledgeable tutors delivering this course but an exclusive on line resource area at your disposal for the duration of the course.
Comments from participants:
‘It confirmed that a lot of what I was already doing was correct and gave me lots of new ideas.’
‘I am considering teaching and did this course to help me decide – it has really made me think about my responsibilities as a teacher.’
‘The assessments were terrifying but I feel like I now know what I need to work on.’
‘Loved every minute of it, learnt so much and met some really nice people. Far exceeded my expectations.’
‘There was a lot of the course that was applicable to Tribal. The warm ups/cool downs, health and safety, anatomy and business in my opinion translate to all disciplines, after all we were all there to learn how to deliver a safe class and understand the implications that are involved in teaching. It was supportive and I certainly feel more confident delivering workshops having completed it and I have definitely integrated the learning from the weekend within the workshops.
We have already discussed that my tribal background has slight variations on moves and less traditional music and therefore I felt I struggled to put some of my abilities across at times, but I appreciate that you need a measuring ‘yard stick” J D’Allison
We currently have nearly 300 people who have passed the JWAAD ‘Safe Delivery of Belly Dance Classes’ course. Our current pass rate is about 95%. Even if you don’t pass initially, you can re-submit work until you have achieved all the criteria.
Our JWAAD teachers on the course are highly qualified with national and international reputations. We deliver these accredited bellydance courses in London, Newcastle / Sunderland, Edinburgh and Manchester. This accredited bellydance safety course is the foundation to our certified bellydance teaching diploma.
Breakdown of Costs and Payments
- Non-refundable deposit to reserve your place: £50
- Payment for Weekend 1: £155 payable 4 weeks before the start of the course
- Payment for Weekend 2: £165 payable at Weekend 1 of the course
- The One Awards registration fee will also be payable on weekend 1 (£25)
Total cost excluding Registration fee: £370
This course consists of 4 days of tuition approximately 9am – 5pm each day across 2 weekends. approximately 32 hours of tuition and guided learning.
Courses are based on a minimum number of people, so cancellations made within 7 days of the start date will not receive a refund.
By enrolling for a course you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions.
If unsure of the suitability of this course, please call Kay on 0191 565 2920.
Email: email@example.com Tel: 0191 565 2920
For an overview of the course, watch this video: