We are now offering this safety course online via Zoom with essential new material covering teaching with Covid 19 – and a whole new module on Teaching effectively with Zoom.
This course is aimed at people who are already teaching or are considering teaching and want to ensure that they are doing so safely. It is a fascinating and in depth course designed with a combination of academic and practical application. The Safe Delivery course gives you the safety elements of teaching and a taster of what the JWAAD Teaching Diploma will be like. A great combination of academic work, practical application and dance classes. This is the only bellydance course of its kind in the UK and is accredited by JWAAD. This course takes place over 4 days. Each day is packed full of information and practical application. 9am – 5pm.
What is included?
• Anatomy – a fascinating practical look at the body in relation to dance.
• Safe warm ups – to ensure you don’t injure anyone unintentionally.
• Health & Safety – practical advice and strategies to avoid incidents with your students. Now includes Covid 19 regulations and risk assessment.
• Safe stretches and cool downs
• Lesson planning – learn how to write your own exciting & dynamic lesson plans.
• The Business of Belly Dance – Ideas for setting up, marketing and ongoing management of your business.
• Dance classes in technique and breaking down moves
• Three assignments
• Personal Technique Review – to assess the level of your technique, celebrate your strengths and identify areas to work on.
• Practical warm up assessment
*** NEW – Zoom technique to teach classes effectively***
Not only do you have incredibly experienced and knowledgeable tutors delivering this course but an exclusive on line resource area at your disposal for the duration of the course. For dates and details of our next course and to pay your deposit click here.
Comments from participants:
‘It confirmed that a lot of what I was already doing was correct and gave me lots of new ideas.’
‘I am considering teaching and did this course to help me decide – it has really made me think about my responsibilities as a teacher.’
‘The assessments were terrifying but I feel like I now know what I need to work on.’
‘Loved every minute of it, learnt so much and met some really nice people. Far exceeded my expectations.’
‘There was a lot of the course that was applicable to Tribal. The warm ups/cool downs, health and safety, anatomy and business in my opinion translate to all disciplines, after all we were all there to learn how to deliver a safe class and understand the implications that are involved in teaching. It was supportive and I certainly feel more confident delivering workshops having completed it and I have definitely integrated the learning from the weekend within the workshops.
We have already discussed that my tribal background has slight variations on moves and less traditional music and therefore I felt I struggled to put some of my abilities across at times, but I appreciate that you need a measuring ‘yard stick” J D’Allison
We currently have nearly 300 people who have passed the JWAAD ‘Safe Delivery of Belly Dance Classes’ course. Our current pass rate is about 95%. Even if you don’t pass initially, you can re-submit work until you have achieved all the criteria.
Our JWAAD teachers on the course are highly qualified with national and international reputations. We deliver these courses online via Zoom. This certified bellydance safety course is the foundation to our certified bellydance teaching diploma. You must ensure you have good wifi, a quiet space where you can work which includes an area you can dance in.
Breakdown of payments over 4 instalments:
- Non-refundable part payment to reserve your place: £50
- 2nd payment: £155 payable 4 weeks before the start of the course
- There is a 6 week gap for you to complete your assignments
- 3rd payment due at weekend 1: £80
- 2 week gap for your to hone your zoom techniques and practice your warm up – you will also have an individual technique review with one of our tutors through this time. The cost is included within the course.
- 4th payment due on day 3 – £85
Total cost : £370
You can choose to pay this all at once or in instalments as above.
Courses are based on a minimum number of people, so cancellations made within 4 weeks of the start date will not receive a refund. If we do not have enough participants to run the course you will receive a full refund of any monies paid.
This course consists of 4 days of tuition approximately 9am – 5pm each day – approximately 32 hours of tuition and guided learning. You must successfully complete all parts of the course with assessment if you need to achieve the certificate either for MADN insurance or to register for the JWAAD Teaching Diploma. Teach safely, dance safely, be safe!
By enrolling for a course you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions.
If unsure of the suitability of this course, please call Kay on 0191 565 2920.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0191 565 2920
For an overview of the course, watch this video: