The JWAAD Teaching Diploma has been running for nearly 30 years. The support from teachers as well as the on line resources ensure you have an amazing journey through the Diploma. Because it is in modular format, you can plan your study to suit your lifestyle. JWAAD Teachers are highly trained and this shows in their well structured and inspirational classes.
To register for the Teaching Diploma, your personal technique must be of Lower Intermediate level or above, and you need to have either a Technique Review with a JWAAD Mentor or a Technique Review as part of the Safety course. If this is not possible immediately, contact us – we may be able to agree a provisional place until a Technique Review can be arranged. If you are interested email us with your dance experience, who your current teacher is and where you are based. Please include a telephone number. If you are going to the Fantasia festival, discuss with our teachers on the JWAAD stall how best to plan you personal journey through the JWAAD Diploma. Or book a 20 minute mentoring session to discuss options available. This can be in person, on the phone or on Skype. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details to book a mentoring session. For more about our Technique Reviews and Personal Development Programme, click here.
What to do now???
The final unit of our next Teaching Diploma will start at the end of 2019/ beginning of 2020 (Teaching Methods used in Belly Dance). You need to plan your training to ensure you complete the first 3 courses before the end of 2019.
All the courses are constantly reviewed and updated. There are 4 units in total:
- ‘Safe Delivery of Belly Dance Classes’
- ‘Understanding Music Used within Belly Dance’
- ‘The Influence of History & Culture upon Belly Dance’
- ‘Teaching Methods Used Within Belly Dance’
We recommend that you complete ‘Safe Delivery of Belly Dance Classes’ first. We understand that his is not always possible.
If you want to register for the Teaching Diploma but have not yet completed ‘Safe Delivery of Belly Dance Classes’, you will need to arrange for a Technique Review from a JWAAD Tutor. Email email@example.com and we will discuss your options.
We have designed these courses/units to dovetail into each other and to provide a complete training at professional level, so that dancers can work professionally with confidence and expertise.
Why should I do the JWAAD Teaching Diploma?
You learn so much about the music, background, history, culture, technique and more …. You will come across to your students as extremely knowledgeable. You also learn about safety – of vital importance – particularly if you start teaching workshops and things further afield where you don’t always know your students. Best of all, you hone your teaching skills, you can apply the techniques learned to give dynamic and inspirational classes.
What is in it for me?
- Free Registration:
Registration for the JWAAD Teaching Diploma is free. You have to be of intermediate technique level so may have to pay for a technique assessment if you have not yet completed the ‘Safe Delivery of Belly Dance Classes’ unit.
- Discount Card:
Once accepted, you will receive a discount card. This will be valid for 2 years, over which time we hope you will complete all the relevant units. It entitles you to a 20% discount off up to 6 private lessons with JWAAD Tutors. Currently Farida Dance and Bellydance Boutique will give a 5% discount for students registered on the JWAAD Teaching Diploma.
- Help and Support:
Our team of JWAAD Teachers are here to help you. Whichever unit you are taking, our teachers are committed to your ongoing personal development. There is also a whole online resource area to help with each course.
- JWAAD will list your details on the JWAAD website and any events that you organise.
- For an explanation of JWAAD Teaching Levels, click here. For ideas of how you can progress in JWAAD, click here.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
• If you have completed ‘Safe Delivery of Belly Dance Classes’ and been assessed at Intermediate level or above, please specify which course you completed, and include your contact details.
• If you have completed ‘Safe Delivery of Belly Dance Classes’ but were not assessed at Intermediate level, and would like to arrange for a new Technique Review in order to register, please specify which course you completed, and include your contact details. We will put you in touch with your nearest JWAAD mentor, who will contact you regarding times and costs.
• If you have not yet completed ‘Safe Delivery of Belly Dance Classes’ and would like to arrange for a Technique Review in order to register, please include your contact details. We will put you in touch with your nearest JWAAD mentor, who will contact you regarding times and costs.
If unsure of anything please call 0191 565 2920 Monday – Friday 9.30am – 4pm excluding Bank Holidays. We are sometimes at events but just leave a message and we should be able to get back to you within 48 hours. Or email email@example.com